This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alias problem

I used the Petri tips for adding alias on exchange 2003 & 2003 Server with no problem.

Now I used the same tips on exchange 2003 & SBS 2003:
    example:
    user in AD : [email protected]l
    alias:
    [email protected]
    [email protected]

Well when I check the mail with outlook, looks like that all the mail is sent to [email protected]l.

I am not able to read the real adressee in the mail, but if I read the header I can see the real adresse.

Exchange change the alias recipient with the user name.

That wasn't happening with the first configuration, when I was able to read the real recipient in the TO field.

Any tips?
    thanks and sorry for my bad english
    Last edited by luc; 13th April 2007, 17:33.

Re: Alias problem

Not clear what your problem is here!
    Is it that when you use Outlook internally on the lan, and you put in the To: field [email protected], it resolves to [email protected]? If so, that is normal in any exchange - and no different on SBS.
    TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
    http://www.wintra.co.il/
    sigpic
    Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

The problem is

I'm not able to know if the message received in my mailbox was sent to [email protected] or to [email protected] because in both case I read only:
      TO: John <[email protected]>

Comment

workaround:
        You can create a Wizard Rule in Outlook that moves the email sent_to an alias emailaddres, to an other INBox-folder in outlook. (Save that rule on the server).

\Rems

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

** Remember to give credit where credit's due **
        and leave Reputation Points for meaningful posts

Comment

Luc, you have been very naughty. Double posting is not allowed in these forums. http://forums.petri.com/showthread.php?t=15174

You have earned yourself a 2 week ban and this thread shall be closed. The one in the Exchange Forum will be left open.
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
          X