SBS -- change from self issued to 3rd party certificate for OWA/RPCoHTTPS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBS -- change from self issued to 3rd party certificate for OWA/RPCoHTTPS

I will be changing an SBS (2003 not R2) server from self issued to 3rd party (GoDaddy.com) certificate for OWA & RPCoHTTPS. Are there any issues I should be aware of or can I just remove the old cert, create a new cert request and obtain the certificate?

I've googled but nothing obvious comes up

Thanks in advance
    Tom
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Re: SBS -- change from self issued to 3rd party certificate for OWA/RPCoHTTPS

UTFW - run the CEICW and when it asks you for the Certificate from the trusted authority, give it the location and name of the file and complete the wizard.
    TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
    http://www.wintra.co.il/
    sigpic
    Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Re: SBS -- change from self issued to 3rd party certificate for OWA/RPCoHTTPS

Originally posted by teiger View Post
      UTFW - run the CEICW and when it asks you for the Certificate from the trusted authority, give it the location and name of the file and complete the wizard.

That was my thought too, but because there is already a certificate (self issued) installed, I think I need to remove it to generate the certificate request in IIS to submit to the 3rd party

Tom
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
      X