Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to.. or FAQ available for upgrading sbs 2003 std to preimum?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to.. or FAQ available for upgrading sbs 2003 std to preimum?

I'm looking for some documentation, how to or FAQ on things I should do when I upgrade sbs 2003 std to premium. We are doing it for the enhanced SQL and exchange features and i'm not sure if its just a matter of starting the upgrade (with the assumption it will do everything automatically) or if I have to manually configure or do things for each component.

We will of course be backing up and doing a full image of the existing server just in case but I'd feel better if there is any documentation that is easily available.

The microsoft papers don't explain the upgrade process well but maybe i'm not looking at the right sites.

Anybody got links to this kind of info?

Thanks.

Re: How to.. or FAQ available for upgrading sbs 2003 std to preimum?

Exchange features? there are none, Premium is SQL and ISA and all the documentation is on the Pemium Technologies CD in the InstallSteps document.

BTW SP2 for exchange is a separate regular download
    TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
    http://www.wintra.co.il/
    sigpic
    Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Thanks. I was hoping for something a bit more straightforward like "The upgrade is mostly automatic, just run the cd and go. " or any experiences from people who have actually done it.

Comment

It IS mostly run the CD and go. But that document gives you more details about the choices you can make. So my best advice is READ!
        TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
        http://www.wintra.co.il/
        sigpic
        Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Thanks for your help. I've gone through the process and this is what I found.

The only difference between sbs 2003 std and premium is the extra 3 cd's that come with premium. That being SQL, ISA and Frontpage. So essentially, when you install STD you already have just about everything anyways. Since we only got the upgrade because of a cheaper solution that buying a whole SQL box, we only really needed to install that cd and it was done.

So the simple answer is that there is no REAL upgrade between STD and Premium, its more of a case of the options you have installed that are included with the premium package.

Thanks to everybody.

Comment

Working...
          X