Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote Desktop closes down after login using RWW

HI all.
    I am having a problem using RWW to connect to my server desktop.
    I can login to RWW fine.. and bring up the terminal services login screen. When i enter my login details, the window closes down and does not login to the server.

I am sure this has worked before.

I get the same error is using the native MSTSC client ( I have set the correct ports to use this)..

Any ideas.>??

Cheers
    Karl

Re: Remote Desktop closes down after login using RWW

What's RWW?

Tom
    For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Remote Web Workplace.. built in to sbs2003

Comment

Originally posted by Stonelaughter View Post
        What's RWW?

It is short for Remote Web Workplace. (edit - karlh beat me to it )

karlh, your post is lacking some detail. For instance, from where are you trying to connect from? Outside the LAN maybe?

This KB might help us help you http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=555375

And reading this would be good too http://forums.petri.com/announcement.php?f=28
        Regards,
        Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
        Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
        www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Thanks for the reply..

Right.. I am runnign SBS2003 with the latest patches.
          I get the same error whether accessing from LAN or WAN.

I can access RWW fine. I get the usual welcome page displayed, and i can click on the Remote Web Workplace link.. Logging in to this works fine. I click on connect to server desktop and get the usual TS login prompt.

When i enter my credentials, is seems to accept them, but will then close down the TS screen.. returning to the RWW screen (connect to server desktop)..

Any ideas...?? I am sure I have had this working previously...
          Connecting directly to the server (lan or wan) using MSTSC produces the same problem... so the port forwarding is working fine..

Cheers
          Karl

Comment

Does this happen with all users? Have you checked that the user you are using has the required permissions? Does he have suitable session limits?
            Can you see anything unusual in Termainal Services Manager?
            I think this is a general Terminal Server problem, not specific to SBS, because you get the same symptoms from the RDP/MSTSC client.

BTW I have placed a sticky post at the head of this forum for SBS Specific acronyms like RWW.
            TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
            http://www.wintra.co.il/
            sigpic
            Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Working...
            X