Exchange fails to work after applying KB926666 DST Update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange fails to work after applying KB926666 DST Update

I tried once on Thursday to install the KB926666 update for Exchange Server SP2. The update installed fine, however after the install Exchange would not route mail. Mail would sit in the local delivery queue and never be delivered.

Also, when using OWA some mail messages would come up with error "Bad Request". Trying to send an email would result in a "Bad Request" popup. Then when closing the new message and choosing delete I would get "Permission Denied".

The only error entry in the Event logs is a Warning:

Event 2012
    SMTP server could not connect with DNS server x.x.x.x

I have checked and our internal 192.x.x.x dns server is listed in the SMTP DNS server list along with our ISP DNS servers. I have our internal DNS server first in the list. I have tried to change the order with our ISP DNS addresses first, that was no help.

All services are running, Store appears to be mounted. Seems like mail routing just isn't happening.

After removing KB926666 through the add/remove programs, brings me back to where I started, the only odd thing is that the message tracking center always shows emails being 1hr off as if exchange thinks DST has already happened.

I tried again tonight and the same thing happened. I guess my question is, what happens if I do not install the KB926666 update? Everything was perfectly fine before this update.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by dlevasseur; 10th March 2007, 04:15.

Re: Exchange fails to work after applying KB926666 DST Update

Did you apply 931836 first?
    Just a thought...
    "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

Re: Exchange fails to work after applying KB926666 DST Update

Originally posted by Lior_S View Post
      Did you apply 931836 first?
      Just a thought...
      Yup, everything is fully patched according to Microsoft Update (I also tried downloading and installing the individual update kb926666).

Comment

Working...
      X