No announcement yet.

how to check Messenger Logs

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to check Messenger Logs

Hi All ,

we are using SBS 2000 server and we have implement local instant messenger system with windows messenger ver 5.0 ..which is compatible with Exchange server. now suppose i want check my chat logs with some another user ...of 2 -3 days can i check it....please help me friends ..i am in search of important messages...

Re: how to check Messenger Logs

Hey John:

Not familiar w/ hosting a local IM system but most have the ability (off by default) to turn on message logging at the client.

Is this the case for you?

I take it the client didn't turn on message history and your hoping it is available somewhere else in the server component.

That I cannot answer as, I said above, I have no experience with your "local" implementation.

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Hi Rick ,

Thanks for your valuable reply..i just want confirm whether this messenger's logs can be trace from the server . Where i can find this logs in the server. ..We are using Window messenger 5.0 ...which is coming default with Exchange server 2000 .

I don't know about Mesenger v5, but Live Messenger keeps its logs under My Documents\My Received File\[account name]. There is an XML file for every and each contact you chatted with.
        Try to look in the Options settings of the client where does it saves the logs...
        Good luck.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

Hi Sorinso ,

Thanks for your valuable reply ....We are using the Exchange Internal Messengering system ..which is default feature of exchange 2000 .. I have search on your given path but i am not able to find is that logs are on the server . ...