Workstations randomly lose Outlook connections

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Workstations randomly lose Outlook connections

This is a vague question, mostly because it's not my system, so I don't have all the information needed.

The admin claims that out of the 20 or so workstations, some randomly lose connection to the Exchange (SBS 2003) server. They open their OL profile and work fine, then the next day they tell you they can't find the Exchange server. It only happens to one workstation at a time, and it's not the same one. Every time it could be one of the 20 or so machines, nothing that makes sense.

He doesn't think it's a CAL issue as he has enough, and the same workstation works fine an hour or more later.

The workstaions were installed fresh and not from a Ghost image.

The Exchange server (the SBS) doesn't show any specific errors in the event log.

As I said, it's not my system and I don't have any sort of access to it in order to make any checks, but I can recommend them to the admin.

Any insight?
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Re: Workstations randomly lose Outlook connections

Does he have the SBS monitoring set up? Any unusual alerts there? Or as I have advised to another thread only a moment ago, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/325930 . Or is his server just under-spec'ed?
    TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
    http://www.wintra.co.il/
    sigpic
    Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Re: Workstations randomly lose Outlook connections

I'll ask, thanks.
      Cheers,

Daniel Petri
      Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
      MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
      X