No announcement yet.

prevent the registry access

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prevent the registry access

Hi All ,

we are having SBS 2000 setup..and all client machine are having w2k professional ..not suppose i want to configure that no user can access the the registry data base for their local they are doing from Start - run - how can i make it...

Re: prevent the registry access

via group policy:

There's a "Don't run specified Windows applications" under Administrative Templates -> System. Enable that, and add regedit.exe and regdt32.exe and anything else you may want to add.

That's how it's done in sbs 2003, so I'd gather it'd be the same.
    Last edited by noRulez43; 21st February 2007, 17:01.

Re: prevent the registry access

This method using the "Prevent access to registry editing tools" policy or the DisableRegistryTools registry key appears to be the blessed way to do it:

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.