Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Network/ logon problems

I have 3 customers who are suffering the same problem

Each day anywhere between the times of 16:00 to 19:00 their networks slow down to a standstill, access to the server stops, outlook may go offline and if you try to logon to the domain nothing happens, then after about 20mins the network/access returns to normal

All 3 customers have basically the same setup, A SBS2003 Server and between 5 - 15 XPPro workstations, SBS2003 is at SP1. all on at 10/100 network

Any ideas

Steve

Re: Network/ logon problems

Are you positive it's network related or could it be CPU load related?

Right-click the taskbar, select "task manager", click on "Processes", click twice on the "CPU" column header. What is the name of the process at the top? What percentage of CPU is it using? It should be "System Idle Process" under all normal conditions and unless you're doing heavy graphics or sound work it should be more than 90%.

Tom
    For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

What is scheduled between 16:00 and 19:00? Backup? Exchange maintenance? AV scan?
      Check eventlogs, monitoring and performance logs and report back.
      TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
      http://www.wintra.co.il/
      sigpic
      Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Its not cpu load as I have already done what you have mentioned, also oting is schedualed to run between tese times

Comment

And what do event logs say? Is anyone/anything running a large report and filling up the spooler? DB program?
          TIA

sigpic
          Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

Comment

Nothing is being run as far as I know - and this problem is across 3 different companys

do you want to see any of the event logs?

Comment

Only if something seems unusual in them.
              TIA

sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X