Disable logons

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disable logons

I have a SBS 2003 server and I can't for the life of me see a way to disable logons.

I am from a netware background and from the console I could issue the disable logon command.

Is there something similar you can use on a SBS 2003 server ?

Thanks

brain

Re: Disable logons

How about trying a "net stop server" from a CMD box? I believe that will dump current sessions too.

"net start server" to undo.
    Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

© 2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks rvalstar ! I'll give it a try.

Although I would like to be able to just lock people out from logging in with out disableing any functionality.

brian

Comment

Be careful. I'm confident it will work but unsure what side effects it may have as SBS is a highly coupled design.
        Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

© 2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

Yeah I'll give it a shot when nobody is on!

Thanks for the info

Comment

You could simply limit their login hours to something like 1/4 hour every night at 3:00am, if you want to play it safer. Done via ADUC.
            Nothing special about SBS here.
            TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
            http://www.wintra.co.il/
            sigpic
            Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

I prefer "NET STOP NETLOGON" to prevent domain logons; and it doesn't do anything to existing sessions either (although you won't be able to map any drives while the service is stopped - you WILL be able to use existing mapped drives - unlike the net stop server option).

NET START NETLOGON to undo.

**THIS CAN ONLY BE EFFECTIVE FROM THE CONSOLE OR A CONSOLE SESSION**

Tom
              For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Isn't this grand? That's what I love about Petri. NET STOP NETLOGON is it.

You can do a NET SESSIONS to track whom is still connected.

Thanks Stonelaughter.
                Last edited by rvalstar; 12th February 2007, 23:21. Reason: forgot the vino
                Cheers,

Rick

Comment

Thanks guys !

I knew it would be somethign simple i was overlooking...

Thanks for quick response

Comment

Working...
                  X