No announcement yet.

Global Address List Contains Undeliverable Address

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Global Address List Contains Undeliverable Address

I have a user in my GAL that is no longer valid. I removed the mailbox, however I cannot remove the user from the GAL. This user is also part of the domain address group ([email protected], the one that sends to all users). So whenever someone sends an email to all using that group, they receive an undeliverable response due to the one recipient not being valid anymore.

I have tried removing that user from the GAL in outlook (as administrator), still no go.

There are other users that I have removed mailboxes for and are still in this group, but do not cause undeliverable reports. Not sure where I went wrong with this user.

Any ideas? Any good tools for modifying the Global Address List? I have read about Galmod32 but cannot find it on any of my SBS2003 disks... Is it available to SBS2003 users?

Re: Global Address List Contains Undeliverable Address

Have you tried running the Exchange Clean Mailbox Agent and then the Recipient Update Services? Then maybe wait 24hours, check the Application log for any entries about updating the address books/GAL and troubleshoot from there.

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
    Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.