Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DHCP – the ip address is not a subset of the overall range

I don’t a silly thing.

In SBS I wanted to extend my exclusion range. It was set at 192.168.0.1 – 192.168.0.9. I fired up the DHCP tool and went to the address pool and deleted the exclusion range.

I thought I would be able to add this back in with no problem. But when I try to add it in I get the message “the ip address is not a subset of the overall range”.

I am adding the following values 192.168.0.1 – 192.168.0.15

Does anyone know how I can fix this ?

Thanks

brian

Re: DHCP – the ip address is not a subset of the overall range

Can you post screen shots of each stage so that we can see EXACTLY what you're doing?

Tom
    For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Here is a screen shot of what I am doing.

Previously the right hand pane had an exclusion range, it was set at 192.168.0.1 - 192.168.0.9

To get the foreground window you can see in the screen shot I right clicked in the right hand pane and selected "New Exclusion Range"

DHCP gives out addresses in the 192.168.0.101 - 192.168.0.149 range and there is no device using any of the extra IPs in the exclusion range (192.168.0.10/11/12/13/14/15)

Ideas would be welcome.

thanks
      Attached Files

Comment

Well in my mind it makes perfect sense. The DHCP range is 101-149 and you're trying to exclude 1-15 which is outside the range.

I believe the Exclude is if you wish to exclude some addresses INSIDE the range.

So what are you trying to do? Allocate 16-149 -- change the range.
        Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

© 2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks rvalstar!

Your correct...

I never thought this one through.

I suspect the exclusion range was set and then the DHCP range was changed at a later date.

Thanks again !

Comment

The screen shot and follow on description was really what did the trick.

I was merely a second set of eyes.
            Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

© 2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

Working...
            X