Logon failure: Account Disabled

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logon failure: Account Disabled

Ok we have SBS 2003 - all works fine apart from when one user copies files back over to the server (shared drive) from a USB HDD.

Error comes up half way through copying:-

Cannot create or replace PRINT: Logon failure: account currently disabled

and then we can not access the server !!! !

I have checked the users on the server and it does not say that the account is disabled ?

Can anyone help

Thanks
    Scott [4m]

Re: Logon failure: Account Disabled

Originally posted by Scott4m View Post
    Ok we have SBS 2003 - all works fine apart from when one user copies files back over to the server (shared drive) from a USB HDD.

Error comes up half way through copying:-

Cannot create or replace PRINT: Logon failure: account currently disabled

and then we can not access the server !!! !

I have checked the users on the server and it does not say that the account is disabled ?

Can anyone help

Thanks
    Are you able to isolate which subdirectory is being copied at the time of failure? Can you copy it to another drive locally just not to the server? If the source is not the USB drive, does it copy?

Just trying to see how universal the problem is.

Is there a file or directory on either source or destination the contains the word "PRINT"?

PRN: is the old DOS device for the printer. Just wondering if PRINT: has some meaning in Windows and/or if you somehow have a file out there named PRINT:
    Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

© 2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by rvalstar View Post
      Just trying to see how universal the problem is.
      To add to that, can that user copy other data to the server? Is the user using a mapped drive with logon details that might be outdated? I.e. Mapped using an old account that is now disabled?
      I nerd therefore I am!

Comment

Are you hitting a disk quota which are enabled by default in SBS? In that case it is a false message.
        TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
        http://www.wintra.co.il/
        sigpic
        Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Ok - i think it is a problem with a certain file as i have copied over some other files and they all seem ok
          Scott [4m]

Comment

And the file particulars are???
            Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

© 2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

Yes - i have been copying files over all last night and all seems well - its is definately down to one folder named PRINT - havn't looked into why only this folder is causing this issue - or what is in the folder !

but thanks for everyones help

Scott
              Scott [4m]

Comment

PRINT is a reserved name. If you can, rename this folder/file to a new name.
                TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
                http://www.wintra.co.il/
                sigpic
                Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Originally posted by teiger View Post
                  PRINT is a reserved name. If you can, rename this folder/file to a new name.
                  This is only on SBS? I'm not seeing the issue copying a folder named PRINT to a share on W2K3 STD.
                  Cheers,

Rick

Comment

Working...
                  X