Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPC over HTTPS

Hello,

We have taken on a new customer that had some other IT company in there before us. We have successfully fixed up their entire network, the problem we are having is with RPC/HTTPS with Outlook. We have set this up many times with the standard SBS configuration. It seems like the previous company made changes to the default configuration and it is causing a tremendous amount of problems getting it working.

I have many every change I can think of including the RPC/HTTPS registry repair utility but it still doesn't work. There is no way it seems to determine what is wrong with the setup because there is no logging.

Is anyone extremely familiar with setting this up? We are willing to contract you to repair this, we do not want to have to rebuild the SBS OS.

Thank you

Dan Levine
    CYTEXONE
    [email protected]

Re: RPC over HTTPS

Let me speculate and Steven can confirm (or correct).

Have you tried rerunning the CEICW and checking the box for RPC over HTTPS
    Regards,
    Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
    www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

There is no box called "RPC over HTTPS" in CEICW. But their is one called "Outlook via the Internet". That's the one that needs to be checked.

Comment

I was able to fix this after many different attempts.

Thanks all

Comment

Not good enough. Share with us what the resolution was.

Comment

Truthfully I wish I new for sure what it was. I can tell you I compared the settings on the server to a couple of other servers until everything was identical

Then I kept following the steps on this awesome doc

http://www.petri.com/configure_rpc_o...gle_server.htm

as well as trying new things... 7 hours later it finall worked.

That doc is key

Comment

Originally posted by BigStan View Post
              There is no box called "RPC over HTTPS" in CEICW. But their is one called "Outlook via the Internet". That's the one that needs to be checked.
              Correct, couldn't remember off the top of my head. Thank BigStan.

Originally posted by cytexone View Post
              Truthfully I wish I new for sure what it was. I can tell you I compared the settings on the server to a couple of other servers until everything was identical

Then I kept following the steps on this awesome doc

http://www.petri.com/configure_rpc_o...gle_server.htm

as well as trying new things... 7 hours later it finall worked.

That doc is key
              cytexone, too bad you're unable to pinpoint it.

From what I hear from Steven (and others), in SBS the wizards are the way to go. Using them will make sure things are configured properly. That article isn't really geared toward SBS users because SBS has a wizard that will configure it automatically.

The SBS section of the RPC over HTTP Deployment Scenarios doc is ridiculously small. Basically it says to use the wizard. Maybe you could've had it done in 1/2 hour?... Good job on getting it working though.
              Regards,
              Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
              Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
              www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Originally posted by BigStan View Post
                Not good enough. Share with us what the resolution was.
                That's a bit confrontational and rude don't you think for someone who's shared a whole FIVE of his insights with us?

Tom
                For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

In view of your tag line and your comment about Big Stan, assume he forgot to put the at the end of the line.
                  TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
                  http://www.wintra.co.il/
                  sigpic
                  Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonelaughter View Post
                    That's a bit confrontational and rude don't you think for someone who's shared a whole FIVE of his insights with us?
                    Sorry I missed this. I have my setting set to send me an email when new messages were posted in forums I subscribed to, but that doesn't seem to be working for me right now and I missed your post. I just wanted to say that I am sorry you feel that way. My comment was really made tongue-in-cheek. I have had that exact same message posted to me by many forum Admins in many forums and I never took offence at it. I just took it as encouragement to post by my resolution. I will be more careful in my comments on this forum in the future.

Comment

Working...
                    X