Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• set up exchange to get mail from pop3

hi,
    i want to configure my exchange 2003 ( new in exchange)
    to get mail via pop3 and send - smtp (there is a wizard
    but i am not shure a bout the parameter i shuld cohice), if there is alink
    to a guide i will be pleased.
    thanks alot good day
    sagiv

Re: set up exchange to get mail from pop3

Get the same details you would use to setup Outlook to get POP3 email (server name, logon name, password)
    Decide what is going to happen to incoming emails (easiest is route to a single mailbox)
    Read the help/wizard for more complex routing information

Tom
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Meanwhile, run the CEICW and choose the section on POP3 mailboxes. If you have ever downloaded mail from an ISP using any client software, you will recognise the parameters being asked - you just do it multiple times here.
      You DO realise the limitations of the POP3 connector? Only picks up mail every 15 mins, Bcc doesn't work correctly and neither do some mailing lists. It was designed as an interim solution whilst you get a fixed IP and on to SMTP like the big boys!
      TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
      http://www.wintra.co.il/
      sigpic
      Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Get popcon.... it's an AWESOME piece of software, use it on every system we build..

http://www.christensen-software.com/popcon.htm

Comment

Working...
        X