RPC HTTP Single Server SBS 2003

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPC HTTP Single Server SBS 2003

I've followed this article as well as several other online documents regarding RPC over HTTP. I've narrowed it to the type of authentication since I am reaching the server with a login prompt;

http://www.petri.com/configure_rpc_o...gle_server.htm

No matter what I put in, my login prompt simply re-appears;

Main difference is that we are NOT using SSL. This requires us to use the NTLM authentication in the outlook HTTP Proxy setup.

We have tried a variety of settings to complement this scenario server-side within the default IIS website's directory security: Enable Anonymous Access both enabled (checked) and disabled (unchecked), Integrated Windows Authentication enabled (checked), Basic Authentication both enabled and disabled.

primary internal FQDN: cienvironmental.local

Based on this, our primary login attempt was;

cienvironmental\username
    password

We've tried a variety of variations, including the primary SMTP email address policy domain.

We are using both a temporary external domain for DNS resolution as well as the direct IP of the SBS/Exchange server. Both resolve correctly with repeated login failures/re-attempts.

OWA access works great as well as public folder(s).

I know I'm only one option away from getting this right - ideas?

Regards - Ben

Re: RPC HTTP Single Server SBS 2003

IMHO you are following the wrong articles!!!!
    The article you need, IF YOU HAVE FOLLOWED THE INTEGRATED SBS SETUP is on

//<servername>/remote. Login with you network username/PW and there is an article for configuring your Outlook over the Internet. Re-run the CEICW and check that you want RPC over HTTPS .
    In other words UTFW!
    TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
    http://www.wintra.co.il/
    sigpic
    Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Thanks Steve - I ran CEICW this time and completed the configuration. Upon logging into Remote Web Workplace, I now see the help document to configure outlook via the internet. Very direct document!

Still doesnt work.

I follow the directions explicitly. This document doesnt have any options to configure without using SSL, so I continued with the certificate approach. I tested the IP with HTTPS and allowed the cert. no problems.

Upon launching outlook, I immediately receive the login prompt. I then type in "cienvironmental\username" for the username and the appropriate password (the same pwd that gets me right into both remote workplace and OWA).

Still think I'm one setting away - thoughts?

Comment

Are you sure you are using basic authentication and not NTLM? That is usually the "one setting"
        TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
        http://www.wintra.co.il/
        sigpic
        Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Working...
        X