Locked out Account in SBS2000

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locked out Account in SBS2000

I have one computer that is locked out from the server all the time. I remove the lock from the user profile and login again, the computer is loging in but cannot access the maped drives or the exchange mail box. The computer is XP Pro Spk2 connected to DOMAIN SBS2000. If I login with different user to the same computer , I have no problem accessing resources on the network. The problem is in one profile. I do not want to delete the profile, there is lot of programs installed on this computer that is associated with profile (Licening). Deleting the profile and recreating it means installing all the programs again.

Re: Locked out Account in SBS2000

OK, first of all let's get some terminology straight.

Is it a USER ACCOUNT or COMPUTER ACCOUNT getting locked out?

(Assume it's a USER)
    Is the user getting locked out if he logs on at another computer?
    Are there any Group Policies in effect?
    Is the user logged on to ANY OTHER MACHINE?

Tom
    For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

So you unlock the account, log in on that computer using that account and the account gets locked out again???

If so, unmap all the shares and map them again. Maybe the maps were done as a "different user name" where that account and an old password were specified? I have seen that happen in a slightly different context.

I'm not logged on a domain at the moment but is there a domain analogy to "Manage my network passwords" under Control Panel\User Accounts\Local Account Name? If so, that may also be a place to look.
      Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

Well, It is a user account in a domain. We unlock the account from the server user profile. The user login to the Domain from only this computer. (it is small office 10 computers). It works fine before, had some problem login into the exchange. We changed the password, and since then the user account started being locked out. We cleared the password again (no password) but the problem remains. We did not activate the lockout policy future, it is disabled. The mapping is done by a login script at the share LOGIN and used by all users with no problem. Login in to the same computer with different users account - no problems - mapping works fine.

Comment

Somewhere that account is accessing the server w/ the old password. A persistent share on this machine or maybe on some of the other machines? Change the password back and the problem goes away?
          Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

Manually disconnect all the shares and then log off/back on. A persistent share will map itself before the login script starts, and the bit of the login script which maps the drive will fail (possibly silently depending on how it's scripted). Disconnecting ALL the drives, before you log back in, will make sure there's a clean slate to start from.

Tom
            For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

This one solved my problem.

If so, unmap all the shares and map them again. Maybe the maps were done as a "different user name" where that account and an old password were specified? I have seen that happen in a slightly different context.

I'm not logged on a domain at the moment but is there a domain analogy to "Manage my network passwords" under Control Panel\User Accounts\Local Account Name? If so, that may also be a place to look.

Thank you all for your help and time

Comment

Working...
              X