No announcement yet.

roaming issue

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• roaming issue

I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me with the roaming profile issue. Today i tried to set up the roaming profile to work on SBS 2003 but to no avail.

I have set to the path to the shared folder on the Profile tab \\myfileserver\profiles\%username% in Server Management. Then, i logged off from my laptop and went to log in to another workstations. This is what i got.

"Windows cannot locate the server copy of your roaming profile & is attempting to log..." it gave 30 secs to decide.
    Then followed by
    "Windows cannot find the local profile & is logging you on with a temporary profile..." another 30 secs.

Something's wrong. but would anyone be kind to tell me how to get this to work?

By the way, i forgot to mention one thing. It's that my laptop is not joined to the server domain but the way i access to the server by means of the logon credential. Hence, not sure if this is the cause of why it didn't work.

Thank you in advance

Re: roaming issue

What is the workstation OS?
    Have you checked the Share permissions and NTFS permissions?
    Have you checked the event log on the workstation?

Network Consultant/Engineer
    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond

Re: roaming issue

Join the domain, man, join the domain.
      That way you'll get the full benefits of Login Scripts and Group Policies!
      Redirect My Documents to the server and have them available Off-line.
      Make sure your clock is synched to the server also.
      All of the above and I'm sure your profile will raom the planet!

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
      Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.