Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server Management

Hi,

I was wondering if i could get some help here. I've a server that runs on Windows SBS 2003. I need help with this.

Under the Server Management, we can manage users from there. My question is this. There are a number of users there. I have removed userA (for example) from the Domain Admin. So userA's no longer a member of Domain Admin. However, he's member of "Domain users", "Mobile Users", "RWW users". I don't understand why in the server management, it still shows "Administrator" in the column of Description for userA. Should it have changed from Administrator to Mobile Users?

Thank you in advance

Re: Server Management

The easiest method is to run the 'Change User Permissions' wizard which is driven by different templates in Server Management.

The Administrators group has access to the computer and domain. Domain Administrators and Enterprise Adminstrators are members of the Administrators group.

The Administrator group is a builtin group for Windows Server and SBS adds the Domain Admins group. I have not seen users added to the Administrator group in SBS because they are already a member of this group when they join the Domain Admins group.
    Network Engineers do IT under the desk

Comment

Thank you RobW for your reply.

It works now.

Comment

Originally posted by associates View Post
        Hi,

I was wondering if i could get some help here. I've a server that runs on Windows SBS 2003. I need help with this.

I don't understand why in the server management, it still shows "Administrator" in the column of Description for userA. Should it have changed from Administrator to Mobile Users?

Thank you in advance
        If I understand you correctly, what you are referring to is a purely descriptive text field which was populated when initially set up. You can now edit it to whatever you want. It is purely there for, well, description.
        TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
        http://www.wintra.co.il/
        sigpic
        Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

That is correct Teiger. If you go to the user's properties, there is a Description field. If you had just changed that to "User" or whatever you wanted, that would have worked as well.

Comment

Working...
          X