Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBS 2003, outbound fax device missing

{solved}

I have a Zoom fax modem in my SBS 2003 server. It shows up in Control Panel in modems and when I run a modem query, it operates fine. I can take HyperTerminal and bring the modem on/off hook

When I run the Fax Configuration Wizard, the modem does not show up in the outbound fax device.

Any suggestions? TIA
    Last edited by RobW; 18th December 2006, 04:54.
    Network Engineers do IT under the desk

Re: SBS 2003, outbound fax device missing

I know this sounds cliche, but it might help if you check the manufacturer's website for updated drivers and/or firmware. Once you've installed the new drivers/firmware, then run the fax configuration wizard again.

Also...
    -Make sure you're running the configuration wizard using a privileged account.
    -Check the event viewer for any errors that may be related.
    -Check the Win2003 HCL for your modem. (I only see 2 Zoom modems - doesn't mean it won't work though. Just that they haven't been tested afaik.) http://www.windowsservercatalog.com/...=0&ocID=0&OR=1

Finally...
    -Last ditch effort try the WinXP driver if there isn't one for Win2003.
    Last edited by ahinson; 18th December 2006, 04:47.
    Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Re: SBS 2003, outbound fax device missing

This isn't really a solution, but I decided to add an external UR Robotics fax modem and this works.

Thanks, I'll mark it solved
      Network Engineers do IT under the desk

Comment

Working...
      X