Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VPN Issues

Hi all,

I have SBS 2003 running on my home network... all works well, but I installed ISA2004, and didnt like it so uninstalled it...

Since this has happened, I cant connect remotely via the VPN, it just hangs on the authenticating user part... is there anyway to reset the VPN side.?

unfortunately I dont have a backup of the working setup from before as the HD that had all the backups also died... not my week

Re: VPN Issues

Originally posted by an0key View Post
    Hi all,

I have SBS 2003 running on my home network...
    Hmmm, Quite expensive for a home network
    Marcel
    Technical Consultant
    Netherlands
    http://www.phetios.com
    http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
    "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
    "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Not really, concidering I have a full sponsorship from my work to do my studies, they paid for my licence...

Comment

o ok Never ever heard that before . I need to talk to my boss then

However, If you disable RRAS, and re-enable RRAS, it will clear all his settings.
        However, IF you connect it to the internet without firewall, guess what the consequenses are...

Personally i would advice you to install ISA 2004 and tell me what you're problems are with ISA.
        Marcel
        Technical Consultant
        Netherlands
        http://www.phetios.com
        http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
        "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
        "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Yeh I could do I suppose... what do you recommend running it from the same server, or a seperate box... I'm running SBS 2003 Standard...

Also do you know if there are any good tutorials around about setting it up on this set-up.

Thanks

Comment

I, too have SBS running on my home network. I run it WITH ISA 2004 as it is quite useful for keeping the kids in check! ANd what I don't manage to keep them away from I get a nice report of what they have been doing and what sites they have been visiting.
            That way I can confront them with facts - and I don't always show my wife what they have been up to either
            Of course, you could do something similar in a work environment and it may even save legal cases in the extreme.
            BTW I never need to use VPN to my SBS - RDP or more often, RWW give me the complete access I need - more securely too!
            TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
            http://www.wintra.co.il/
            sigpic
            Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

are you running sbs pro or standard

Comment

are you running sbs pro or standard
                Only Premium (Pro?) includes ISA!
                TIA

sigpic
                Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

Comment

Originally posted by teiger View Post
                  Only Premium (Pro?) includes ISA!
                  Where as I am running Standard, so it's not as easy....

Comment

So have you re-run the wizard?
                    TIA

sigpic

Comment

Re: VPN Issues - Fixed

Sorted it all out in the end, not sure how, but all came back... I did change my router (well got rid of it, and have my net coming into my sbs box, then out to the network via the second network card).. all works again... yay :P

Comment

Re: VPN Issues - Fixed

Sorted it all out in the end, not sure how, but all came back... I did change my router (well got rid of it, and have my net coming into my sbs box, then out to the network via the second network card).. all works again... yay :P
                        That's Microsoft's preferred method with SBS so the Wizards should all work
                        Tom Jones
                        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                        IT Trainer / Consultant
                        Ossian Ltd
                        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

It does seem better, I did want to setup ISA2004 with my SBS (standard) but thats what started all the problems in the first place, so I think I'll stick to having it as I do...

question tho, what is the best method to having ISA.. is it having it on the SBS machine or a seperate server?

Comment

SBS Premium is Standard + SQL + ISA ( and an edition of FrontPage, for the record).

If you have a copy of Premium, there is a doc on the CD which tell you what you need to install ISA successfully on the Box. I am almost certain it will not include allthe parts if you have a separate ISA server (non-Premium) version.
                            In that case, I suggest you put it on a separate box as it will not be integrated and you may run the risk of compromising your SBS.
                            TIA

sigpic

Comment

Wouldn't it be cheaper (and easier) doing an upgrade from SBS Standard to Premium?
                              1 1 was a racehorse.
                              2 2 was 1 2.
                              1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                              2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
                              X