Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem With Exchange Configuration On my SBS 2000

I have an SBS 2000

Recently I changed the A records from my isp (and so pop3 mailboxes) to my fixed IP of our organisation exchange server.
    Everything looks fine until, for a reason i don't understand, i received to some sent e-mails (not all e-mails) the following error message:

[email protected]' on 01/12/2006 11:33
    You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator.
    <mydomain.co.il #5.7.1 smtp;501 5.7.1 <[email protected]>... Sender IP must resolve>

What did i do wrong?

Thank you all in advance for your answers.

Re: Problem With Exchange Configuration On my SBS 2000

I think the clue is in the "Sender IP Must resolve"... I am guessing because I have no Exchange experience to speak of - but:

Does your mail server have an MX record in DNS?

Is your external mail sending relay or server in "public" (internet) DNS?

Tom
    For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Thank Stonelaughter for your fast reply... appreciate.

My MX record (and not my A records, as i wrongly mentionned before) has been redirect to my exchange server, that's a fact. when i ping mail.mydomain.com
      i received my ip replying.

It may be a wrong dns configuration but i don't really know what should i do?

Comment

I am not sure based on your explanation who is sending what from where, but f you do not not add your domin e-mail address to the rules in the default recipient policy, you will get an error like this trying to send to someone from outside the organization.
        Network Engineers do IT under the desk

Comment

i've added the domain (the internet domain) in the recipient policies, made it Primary. but still when some user inside the network are sending to some domains (not all domains), they receive the error shown above.

Comment

Sounds like you may not have a ReverseDNS record which, in order to try to cut down spam, many mail servers will not receive from today.
            Look up your domain in www.dnsreport.com especially for the mail (MX) section.
            TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
            http://www.wintra.co.il/
            sigpic
            Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

it was the ISP's fault who didnt address PTR record to my domain

Thanks you all

Comment

For the record, ReverseDNS=PTR
                TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
                http://www.wintra.co.il/
                sigpic
                Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Working...
                X