X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concurrent connection disambiguation

This has been bugging me and I can't seem to get a clear answer anywhere:

Can one XP machine make more than one file/printer share connection to a server.?

Like say the server is licensed for 25 concurrent connections.
    Does that mean 25 workstations can jam with impunity or will there be certain workstations with multiple mapped drives open or print jobs going that will hog more connections to the peril of other needy workstations?

Essentially what constitutes a "connection"?

I thank the seasoned verterans in advance.

Re: Concurrent connection disambiguation

What is really driving your inquiry?

Are you asking from a licensing perspective or a physical one?

Back in the MS-Net world (pre-OS/2 LAN Manager just to show my age), there were distinct physical limits on the total number of connections vs. the connected clients so this was an important issue.

I don't believe the EULA's care about number of connections per client. Of course I could be wrong as I'm not involved in the licensing end of the enterprise.
    Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

Beemis, double posting, even when there are slight differences between the posts, is definitely discouraged here. I suggest some serious grovelling before the boss notices!

Tom
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I'm not happy about the double post as I don't like to waste my time while someone else is replying to the other thread.
        Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

Notice!

"This is not a dream. Transmitting power is insufficient to reach your conscious mind, but this is not a dream."

------------------------------------------------------

Dear user,

1) Welcome to the forums.

2) Read the forum rules.

3) Do NOT double post. Once is enough. Twice WILL get you banned.

4) Read the forum rules, again. This time make sure you understand them.

5) You've got 2 weeks to consider your next post.

Verdict: User banned for 2 weeks.

------------------------------------------------------

"This is not a dream. We are using your brain's electrical system as a receiver. We are unable to transmit through conscious neural interference. You are receiving this broadcast as a dream. We are transmitting from the year one nine nine..." (John Carpenter / The Prince of Darkness)
          Cheers,

Daniel Petri
          Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
          MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
          X