No announcement yet.

New sbs install adding users using templates

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New sbs install adding users using templates

I am installing a new SBS 2003 server. I used all the defaults. When I add users, I use the user template. I also assigned a path to create and move users their - my Documents folder to a shared directory (userdocs) on the Data volume which I had created and gave full control to all domain users to this share. I am not able to figure up if the wizard that shows up when you add users is controling redirection or if I setup GPO and link it to mybusiness OU is the who control redirection of the documents. (a user who is new to the server will be managing this system and I am trying to leave a specific details of where to add users etc.)

Last edited by moedraznin; 1st December 2006, 19:58. Reason: new staff developed while working with the server

Re: New sbs install adding users using templates

If you fire up Server Mangler, and use the Add User Wizard you can choose which template to use. AFter that, on the same section of the Server Mangler you have the option to "Configure My Documents Redirection" which will do what you desire. This basically sets up a linked GPO for redirection.
    Another case of UTFW!

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
    Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.