No announcement yet.

Powerpoint Slow to load presentations after moving to SBS2003 Domain Controller

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powerpoint Slow to load presentations after moving to SBS2003 Domain Controller

This morning we opened up our PowerPoint presentation and noticed that it is extremely slow to load.

The presentation runs automatically off of a CD using the PowerPoint Viewer program. If I pull the network cable, the presentation loads normally with no slow down or any other problems. With the computer connected to the network the presentation is slow to load and crashes when trying to exit.

The only difference today is that we recently moved everyone over to using the domain. The machines are WinXP and the server is SBS2003.

Users "My Documents" folder is redirected to the server and they each also have a standard "Home" folder.

Is there some sort of caching going on where it is trying to store to My Documents or something? Anyone else ever run into this?

I also don't see any errors in Event Viewer. Another thing, I watched the Server Sessions screen and it did not show any connections by the computer trying to load the presentation.

Help?!
    Last edited by dlevasseur; 29th November 2006, 19:06. Reason: Added more info.
Working...
X