X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAX Setup

Hi all,

I got windows 2003 SBS Server with inbuilt Modem and 5 workstation. And also i got brother 2850 and can attached to the computer using USB.

1 telephone number and line.

My Requiremts are.

1. Recevied all the faxes on to one Workstation ( Reception) and forwared these fax through email.

2. If this Workstation switched off print to the brother FAX M/C

So how do i setup above .

Thanks
    AusNetIT Solutions

Web Design | Web Hosting | SEO | IT Support

Re: FAX Setup

Moved to SBS Forum!
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

UTFW, Follow the bouncing ball, you name it - SBS does it.
      After you set up SBS you go to the "To Do List" in Server Management to Configure Fax. There you have 4 options.
      1 Store to Folder
      2 Print to Printer
      3 Route to E-Mail
      4 Save in Intranet (CompanyWeb)

To route it to the Fax machine I do this: Make sure the modem and the Fax machine sit on the same physical phone line. Make the modem/fax server answer after 2 rings and the fax machine after 4 rings.
      BTW you say this modem is built into the server, and you never switch the server off (presumably), so the faxes always go to the server in theory. However, modems and fax servers are notorious for getting stuck. The only way you can reset this one is to restart your server - NOT recommended! For that reason I strongly recommend you get an external modem which can be power cycled. For justification, calculate what 15mins, 3 times a month costs in lost productivity and you do the ROI!
      Last edited by teiger; 9th November 2006, 14:46. Reason: ComapnyWeb
      TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
      http://www.wintra.co.il/
      sigpic
      Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Thank you so much.
        AusNetIT Solutions

Comment

Hi teiger,

One Question. If i select all the fax route to email for one user ( reception ) is that possible to print to fax m/c if she's away or workstation switched off?
          AusNetIT Solutions

Comment

Sorry Cosy, then you don't understand how Exchange works. Exchange is a central store for all mailboxes and it matters not if workstations are on or off (unless for some strange reason you use a client to download them). Mail is on the server and the client reads it on the server providing he has the correct permissions and has supplied the correct credentials.
            So the secretary can turn the computer off and the SERVER will hold all the faxes. The secretary will then be able to view the faxes when he/she turns the computer back on again, logs in and checks the mailbox which is still stored on the server.

HTH

PS Keep the server switched on ;>)
            TIA

sigpic
            Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

Comment

HI Thanks,

OK clear. But i got 5 users( reception + warehouse) and only reception can do all the IT work. So my main concern is if she wasn't in the office how do they check the faxes?

That's why i need to find the way of print if she's not in the office. Or any practical way.
              AusNetIT Solutions

Comment

As said, there is a "route fax to printer" option but if the PC the printer is connected to is off, this will not work. Can you get a network print box so the printer is on the server, not the PC?

Tom
                Tom Jones
                MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

And you have two other choices.
                  Others can view on the CompanyWeb (Intranet) or on the folder on the server.

What I often do, is send the e-mail to a distribution list (DL). It doesn't matter that the secretary is the only member of the DL. It is easy to add someone else to the list for the times when he/she is not available.

HTH
                  TIA

sigpic

Comment

HI,

Thanks again for all your great help.
                    AusNetIT Solutions

Comment

Working...
                    X