Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help connecting SBS2003 Exchange to the Internet

Hi,

I have installed SBS2003 and have it working, except that I can not send any emails via the internet. I can receive emails no problem from the internet to exchange, but my emails out get stuck in the queue for outbound. I have no problems routing mail internally, but only outbound to the internet.

I think I have a problem with my DNS and/or routing, but I am too new to this to understand what to do next. Does anyone have any suggestions or can someone help me out?

Thanks
    Gabe

Re: Help connecting SBS2003 Exchange to the Internet

SBS platform question so move to the appropriate Forum.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Sorry, wasn't sure how to post this, thanks for moving it where it belongs!

Comment

No problems, it can be a bit confusing at time which Forum to post. Anything SBS I would put in here for Steven to cast his eyes over.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Thanks, Biggles

Gabep
          Try a few things like opening a command prompt and telneting on port 25 to a known mail server: (telnet <mailserverFQDN> 25) and see if you get a response
          See if you have a PTR record in your DNS - many mail servers will not accept mail from an SMTP server that they cannot lookup to verify that you are who you are. In fact run www.dnsreport.com against your domain name to check. You might also want to add an SPF record to your external DNS.
          I am assuming you have a fixed IP in all this, of course.
          TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
          http://www.wintra.co.il/
          sigpic
          Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Working...
          X