No announcement yet.

SBS2003 OMA login problem

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBS2003 OMA login problem

I can't seem to find anything about this problem I have.

OMA is working for some users but not all of them.
    OWA works fine for all users.

The sbs was upgraded from 2000 to 2003

If I create a test user it works fine but the CEO user account is not working even if he has full admin and other remote access rights

I have uneticked all ssl is required on oma, exchange and exchweb.

Can this be something to do with email alias lookup problems?

This is driving me mad.

I get this for some users using ie:
    A System error has occurred while processing your request. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact your administrator
    Last edited by Ingi; 12th October 2006, 10:23.

Re: SBS2003 OMA login problem

Check under Exchange Tasks in AD that the user has OMA rights.
    Having said that, aren't you using a Windows Mobile device? Using active synch or WM5 push (if it's a new device) gives a much better user experinece. And the SBS help make it even better!

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
    Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

users have all enabled under exchange features.

This is a company that I manage the IT for and they bought nokia E70 even though I told them that any device with Windows mobile 5 would be best for them.

They are going to use OMA

Just to update, I found the solution for this problem, with a bit of help from friends.

Because the SBS was migrated from 2000 to 2003 it can happen that some things are not migrated over.
        In this case the homeMTA value was not correct.

What you need to do is use adsiedit and find a user that works (newly created user i.e. not migrated) and compare the homeMTA value with a migrated account that doesn't work.

I copyed the whole line (homeMTA) from newly created account and pasted it to the migrated account and now that user can log in using OMA from any mobile.

The CEO is happy, thats what matters