Allow clients to view a site within sharepoint

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allow clients to view a site within sharepoint

Hello all, I am trying to change some authentication on a sharepoint site. One of my customers wants a sharepoint site that we can setup authentication for outside clients to access the site and collaborate. I have yet to find where I can setup usernames and passwords for these users. Am I stuck with adding them to Active Directory? Please help, thanks in advance

Re: Allow clients to view a site within sharepoint

Do you have SharePoint running on a SBS2003 server?
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

yes, sbs 2003 standard

Comment

Not only do you need to set them up in AD - you need to buy them CALS also. Anyone who authenticates to an SBS server needs to buy a user CAL. The exception to this rule is if they are doing it fromthe same device that already has a device CAL.

Uggggghhhhh! Licensing!
        TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
        http://www.wintra.co.il/
        sigpic
        Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

This is possible to do with some effort. You first must run ceicw and let sharepoint be seen from the outside. You then must make security changes to all anonymous internet access to the sharpeoint site. To ensure they don't see sensitive documents you must then change all the security settings on specific parts of the sharepoint services site.

As long as you don't have SQL running I didn't read anything against running sharepoint team services in this manner.

Comment

I don't think that is what the OP is asking. He is asking how he can give specific users access to his sharepoint site, not how to enable anonymous access to his site. So he will need a username password to authenticate and once he does that he will need an AD entry and a CAL as that is the license.
            TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
            http://www.wintra.co.il/
            sigpic
            Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Working...
            X