Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Out of License" Error Messages in SBS 2000 Event Logs (error 201 licenseservice)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Out of License" Error Messages in SBS 2000 Event Logs (error 201 licenseservice)

"No license was available for user diomain\user using product SMBServer 5.0. "

that's what i get in the app log on the sbs.

i know it's because i've reached the license limit on the sbs.

does someone know how to reset this counter?
    even if it means to reset users connections to their mailboxes.

is there a service to restart (not "server") or a reg key?

10x.
    Or Czerninski
    Best regards,
    Or.

Re: "Out of License" Error Messages in SBS 2000 Event Logs (error 201 licenseservice)

How many licenses do you have?
    How many users are connecting?
    Are they User or Device CALs?

If out of CALs, buy more.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Re: "Out of License" Error Messages in SBS 2000 Event Logs (error 201 licenseservice)

hi,
      it's per server.

we have 15 cals for sbs 2000.
      altough i have almost 60 users.

(yes i know its not ok, thats why we baught a new sbs 2003 with all the cals we need).
      Best regards,
      Or.

Comment

In SBS 2000, you can turn off License Logging service or restart it. It is wildly inaccurate in any case. However, that does not free you from your obligation to have teh correct number of licenses in anycase. Also AFAI Remember 2000 only supported up to 50 Users anyway.
        TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
        http://www.wintra.co.il/
        sigpic
        Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Working...
        X