Exchange with different static IP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange with different static IP

Hi, I am new with exchange server. Please help me on this one issue.
    I bought 2 static IP:
    1.1.1.1 for mail.mydomain.com.
    2.2.2.2 for www.mydomain.com.
    I have 3 NICs on my server.
    Internet-1.1.1.1 or 2.2.2.2
    DMZ-192.168.x.x
    Internal- 10.x.x.x
    How would I configure the "Internet" Nic so that I can host my web on DMZ with IP 2.2.2.2 and Exchange server with 1.1.1.1.
    Thank you for help.

Re: Exchange with different static IP

First, did I understand you correctly? Are you planning to host your WEB SITE on your Exchange server? Good luck. That's hardly a best practice.

As for the IPs, you can go to IIS and on each Web Site, change the IP it is listening to. Also do so for the SMTP VS inside ESM.

Last but not least, make sure the server has a proper routing table, an SMTP Connector that's using the right SMTP VS, and correct entries on your Firewall.
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

First let me thank you Daniel for helping me.
      --No, I do not want to host my webserver on the Exchange server. My exchange server is an SBS 2003 SP1. I have 3 Nics on it. Internet, DMZ, Corp.
      I have a 2k3 web server in the DMZ that i want to host my website with.
      I bought 2 IPs, one for www.mydomain.com and the other is mail.mydomain.com.
      So, how would I use the IP for (www.mydomain.com) and the IP for (mail.mydomain.com) at the same time on my SBS which has only one Nic to the internet. Thank you. I am very novice user at this. Please explain in detail if you would. Thank u again.

Comment

If it's an SBS then you should have posted this thread on the SBS forum. I'll move it there, next time try to find out the best forum to post your questions.
        Cheers,

Daniel Petri
        Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
        MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Could anyone point me to the right path with my issue?
          Thanks

Comment

Are you hosting your web server on a separate computer in the DMZ?
            Run the CEICW as usual and get your ISP to point the www record to the correct address as required. Premium Edition? publish your web server using the wizard in ISA 2004.
            TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
            http://www.wintra.co.il/
            sigpic
            Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Yes I am hosting my web server on a separate computer in the DMZ zone. My mail server on the SBS SP1 Premium Edition. If I run the CEICW, that would let me use 2 separate IPs for my ISP? one for (www.mydomain.com---1.1.1.1) and the other (mail.mydomain.com---2.2.2.2---which is point to my SBS).
              I am kind of confuse to whether how to set it up.

Comment

IIRC run the CEICW but, in the firewall section, don't choose 'Business Card Web Site". After the wizard completes, open up ISA management and run the Publish a Web Site wizard using the address of the DMZ web server.
                The rest is DNS settings and/or external firewall. If the world's DNS points www to your DMZ server and if port 80 is open to there, then the world will see your web site. What may not work is typing http://mail.domain.com/exchange and getting you automatically redirected to https://mail.domain.com/exchange for Outlook Web Access - similarly for Remote Web Workplace.
                TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
                http://www.wintra.co.il/
                sigpic
                Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Thank you, but i dont think that set up is what i am looking for.
                  I will try different forum for help. Thanks.

Comment

Hi everyone,
                    I haven't got any solution for this problem but have similar I think.
                    I have an SBS2003 set up, Exchange gets email directly. My domain is like company.com.
                    Everytime I want to access my website (hosted outside) I get PAGE CANNOT BE DISPLAYED.
                    How can I tell SBS that the website is actually outside of the network ?

Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by michal2212
                      Hi everyone,
                      I haven't got any solution for this problem but have similar I think.
                      I have an SBS2003 set up, Exchange gets email directly. My domain is like company.com.
                      Everytime I want to access my website (hosted outside) I get PAGE CANNOT BE DISPLAYED.
                      How can I tell SBS that the website is actually outside of the network ?

Thanks,
                      Please start a new thread and NOT hijack soneone elses. Thank you.
                      1 1 was a racehorse.
                      2 2 was 1 2.
                      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
                      X