Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBS2003 Exchange POP3 Reply Address

So...

The company I work for wants to try Exchange with their current POP3 provider. I have been testing it with my personal account and have run into a snag.

Their AD domain is .DOMAIN.local so when I send mail through exchange it uses the [email protected]l address for the reply address and the senders address.

I changed the e-mail address setting on my users general information tab to the correct .com domain. This works and all my outgoing mail has the correct sender address and reply address. However I cannot receive ANY incoming mail.

I ran through the POP3 Connector Manager a couple of times to make sure there isn't anything I missed.

Lost.

EDIT1: I ran through the CEICW again and made some changes. Still no luck. I found another forum with a couple answers but have not found anything solid yet.
    Last edited by dlevasseur; 15th September 2006, 02:17.

Re: SBS2003 Exchange POP3 Reply Address

IMHO forget POP3 and use SMTP email with correctly set up MX records delivering direct to your mail server.

Do senders get bounce messages? If so, where is it happening?

Have you checked logs etc to see if mail is getting into the server?

Tom
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian
      IMHO forget POP3 and use SMTP email with correctly set up MX records delivering direct to your mail server.

Do senders get bounce messages? If so, where is it happening?

Have you checked logs etc to see if mail is getting into the server?

Tom
      With my level of skill, I would rather have someone else hold our email for now.

The senders do not get bounce messages. The messages come into exchange and sit in the inbound mail folder as undeliverable. The mail is definately getting into the server, but is not being routed to the correct box.

Comment

The POP3 connector is meant as an interim solution until you get on to SMPT and you own domain name. If you ran the CEICW and you told it your domain name is <company>.co.il then the mail will be sent out as <user>@<company>.co.il as that will be their primary mail address. Otherwise use the ISP's mails server as a regular POP3 account and it will be sent as <POP3user>@<ISP's domain>.
        TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
        http://www.wintra.co.il/
        sigpic
        Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Working...
        X