Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBS 2000 Server Built in Administrator

Hi,

I am having SBS 2000 Server installed on our server, as per audit requirements I have to untick the option of password never expires for built in administrator. When I tried to do by going to Active directory Administrator user properties it is not allowing me to untick as that option it self is disabled. Please help.

Regards,
    Bisujaksha

Re: SBS 2000 Server Built in Administrator

Hi,

is it the local administrator account ot the domain administrator accout?
    have you logged in as domain admin?
    you should not need to use administrator account if you want to follow MS best practices (they do have those apparently lol) instead you should copy the admin account and create a new one from there, so you can follow your audit process.

Comment

Re: SBS 2000 Server Built in Administrator

Perhaps renaming the domain administrator account is a best practice in an enterprise environment, but not in SBS land. Many wizards etc are tied in to the admin account being named administrator.
      Besides, renaming the account adds about 5 secs to the hacker's required time to break in - so not a great security advantage either.
      TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
      http://www.wintra.co.il/
      sigpic
      Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Working...
      X