ISA2000 server and OUTLook

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ISA2000 server and OUTLook

Hi all,

This is my first posting.
    I saw another posting at google that pointed to the petri site which solved my problem, hence i will be a life member.

I have this problem of my outlook (pop and Smtp) not going thru my ISA 2000 server system even though i enabled all protocols and installed firewall client on the client system.Please assist .

Re: ISA2000 server and OUTLook

Hi once again,

I wd really like to know if this problem can be resolved be4 the end of the day.
    Please give as much assistance as u can.

Can you give us a bit more detail?

Which version of outlook?

I assume the problem is sending / recieving mail from an ISP rather than using an internal Exchange server?

Have you tried (temporarily) disabling the proxy firewall and seeing if it works -- if not it is an outlook problem not ISA

Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Outlook 2003.
        When you disable the firewall and you go directly without he ISA that is;it works.
        Once you put it back it doesn't work anymore.
        Meanwhile this morning with another system using Outlook express.
        I put the gateway of the firewall on the system and used it also as its dns and put 1 internal dns and 2 external dns's it works fine. but the firewall client has to be on or else it doesn't work.
        I will post you in another 30 mins whether if i use the same settings it wd work on the 2003 outlook system.

will this help you out?

Technical Consultant

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
          "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
          "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Thanks for the help but i will be using ISA 2004 now as management prefers 2004.