Disable floppy write access

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disable floppy write access

I've read an article about how to configure USB Disks to be Read-Only in Windows XP SP2. This was verry helpful for me.
    But my auditors still required me to disable also write access on floppy disk. I find out how to disable floppy by using GPO
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=555324
    There is a way to remove only write access on floppy disk?
    Thanks!

Re: Disable floppy write access

Originally posted by flores76
    I've read an article about how to configure USB Disks to be Read-Only in Windows XP SP2. This was verry helpful for me.
    But my auditors still required me to disable also write access on floppy disk. I find out how to disable floppy by using GPO
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=555324
    There is a way to remove only write access on floppy disk?
    Thanks!
    I don't know of a way to do this.

Since the wave of the future is and has been USB drives and many machines are shipping these days without floppy drives, maybe the best approach would be to disable the floppy dirve completely using (using GPO or the floppy lock resource kit utility) and require the use of USB drives to be read-only since you already know how to enforce that.

Jas
    VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
    boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
    My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by jasonboche
      I don't know of a way to do this.

Since the wave of the future is and has been USB drives and many machines are shipping these days without floppy drives, maybe the best approach would be to disable the floppy dirve completely using (using GPO or the floppy lock resource kit utility) and require the use of USB drives to be read-only since you already know how to enforce that.

Jas
      Thanks for your reply,
      Unfortunately in Romania, were i live and work, still exists many business partners who uses floppy disks.

Comment

I think for this level of control you will need to look at buying new software such as

Devicewall

Securewave

Comment

Working...
        X