Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Juniper Active-Active and adding third FW questions

Hi,

I have few questions regarding Juniper SSG-320M.
    We Have 2 Juniper SSG-320M working in Active-Passive mode and its ability to handle 64K concurrent sessions are sometimes not enough.
    So I thought to change the configuration to Active-Active.

I do not understand the Con's from their website since I do not have full knowledge in Firewalling. Your help is appreciated. The con's are:
    Complex to design - Why?
    Data path forwarding may affect performance - Why?
    No dynamic route synchronization - that I understand

Second,
    Can I add a third non Juniper brand FW in the current cluster. for example adding Fortinet to the Juniper Cluster?

Many Thanks

Re: Juniper Active-Active and adding third FW questions

I don't really know much about juniper and can't answer your other questions

however, I suspect you would not be able to add a fortinet to the juniper cluster - the OS is rather different.
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Originally posted by askms View Post
      Hi,

I have few questions regarding Juniper SSG-320M.
      We Have 2 Juniper SSG-320M working in Active-Passive mode and its ability to handle 64K concurrent sessions are sometimes not enough.
      So I thought to change the configuration to Active-Active.

I do not understand the Con's from their website since I do not have full knowledge in Firewalling. Your help is appreciated. The con's are:
      Complex to design - Why?
      Data path forwarding may affect performance - Why?
      No dynamic route synchronization - that I understand

Second,
      Can I add a third non Juniper brand FW in the current cluster. for example adding Fortinet to the Juniper Cluster?

Many Thanks
      Do you have a link to the document you are referring to? Is it this one

http://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/ind...ent&id=KB11402

Did you see the footnotes at the bottom?

Notes, KBs, and references

Note: The total number of sessions divided between the two devices in an Active/Active configuration cannot exceed the capacity of a single security device (otherwise, in the case of a failover, the excess sessions might be lost).

Note: Useful KB reference: KB7840 - How to determine cluster is in Active/Active setup

Note: Useful KB reference: KB5807 - Which devices support Active/Active in transparent mode.

Note: There are design considerations in configuring Active/Active configurations. Juniper recommends contacting Juniper Networks Professional Services to assist with the design. For more information, refer to Juniper Networks Customer Services.
      I would hazard a guess that if you have a maximum of 64,000 connections setting up your devices in Active/Active would not give you 128,000 connections.

Comment

Thanks you

Comment

Working...
        X