• Show
Clear All

• TMG: any help to configure skype and youttube , live.com In tmg 2010

Hi All
    i'm sorry i can't find section about isa / tmg server

@ my work the clients open mail using live.com

i create a rule allow live.com with http https dns smtp pop3 imap
    mail open but user can't download any attachment file

and i want to block youtube , user allowed to open youtube but no videos work

i want to block youtube

but about open skype
    i create rule with specified protocols to external

2. That protocol Create outbound traffic open
    => TCP (outbound) = 1024-65535
    => UDP (send receive) = 1024-65535

skype working but when i click to any one in my friend list i type words and send it but nothing sent and i can't receive too

any help

sorry for my bad english

Re: any help to configure skype and youttube , live.com In tmg 2010

Moved to Security section for better response
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: TMG: any help to configure skype and youttube , live.com In tmg 2010

Any Help Please

Comment

Re: TMG: any help to configure skype and youttube , live.com In tmg 2010

1. The attachments are probably being filtered by a content rule or even a browser policy.

2. YouTube serves videos using Flash or HTML5 from a number of content servers. To block only the videos while leaving the main site accessible, you would have to identify and block every content server, and even that would only work until YouTube decided to introduce new servers. Have you considered using a DNS or URL filter?

3. Skype is a bloody chameleon and is quite good at tunneling through most firewalls. If general HTTP or HTTPS traffic is allowed, Skype will get through. It can be blocked if the firewall has the right filtering options (a Google search turned up some ActiveWall and SonicWall examples), and as it happens, TMG has a filter group called "chat" that supposedly includes Skype, but reports suggest that it's less than 100% effective.

TMG 2010 is unsupported, and the entire TMG product line has been discontinued by Microsoft. You should seriously consider replacing TMG in the near future.

Comment

Working...
        X