No announcement yet.

Proxy header filtering (Forefront TMG)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proxy header filtering (Forefront TMG)

On our software, we fake out an IE6/XP header to make it through proxies that filter anything but browsers. Well, as more of our customers start blocking IE6 traffic by proxy, we needed to change our header, which we did to an IE9/Win7 one. However, I don't know enough about Forefront TMG to test the fix.

Using Wireshark, I was able to determine the user agent string I need to block: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1), I'm just unsure where to put it. I get so far as configuring HTTP for the appropriate web access policy, and I've tried various combinations on the Headers and Signatures tabs to no effect. Google searches haven't been very forthcoming, so trying here.

I'm using Forefront TMG 2010.

Re: Proxy header filtering (Forefront TMG)

Well, as it turns out, MS isn't doing FF TMG anymore, and with an expired license, I am unable to enforce such a configuration (which probably explains why nothing I tried worked).

So, now my question becomes, what's a good (and hopefully free) alternative? I am really only concerned with HTTP (authenticating and non) for testing purposes.