Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• web site blocking

Hi ,

we are facing the strange issue . we are unable to open a spefic web site in our office , and that web site is working fine from the company near us. we both are using the same isp connection.

If i attach the differant isp connection in my office , its working fine. If their is a problem with particular ISP then it should not open that site from our neighbour company , which are using the same isp.

If there is a virus problem in my office , then it should not open with other isp in my office.

what can be the issue.

please help...

Thanks...

Re: web site blocking

Why should it be a virus?

Do you use any sort of proxy server in your office?

What do you mean by "attach the different isp connection"?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Do you get page can't be displayed? Could be a dns issue. What dns servers are you using for external lookups? If your running dns internally have you tried deleting the cache on the dns server? Could have a stale record. Also like Ossian said, are you going through a proxy or some sort of filtering for your web traffic?
      CCNA, CCNA-Security, CCNP
      CCIE Security (In Progress)

Comment

Start by troubleshooting this with some DNS tools such as NSLOOKUP.

From a computer having this issue open the command prompt, type NSLOOKUP, hit enter, then type in the host name.

Is the host name resolved?

If so, try a TRACERT. exit from NSLOOKUP, from the command prompt, type TRACERT hostname. hit enter.

Results?
        JM @ IT Training & Consulting
        http://www.itgeared.com

Comment

Hi ,

I already tried nslookup . If i put the dns provided from my isp ...its unable to resolve the name i need. but if i put open dns as 4.2.2.2 and 8.8.8.8 it resolves the name and ip ...but even though its not opening the web page for me.

I am using a sonicwall tz 100 . i tried to open that site by bypass it but its not opening. so is this issue from isp ?

If its from isp then why its opening from my neighbor company , which uses the same isp connection .

Thanks

Comment

Are you using any sort of cloud filtering solution? Are you running dns internally or just using public dns for your hosts?
            CCNA, CCNA-Security, CCNP
            CCIE Security (In Progress)

Comment

Have you checked your firewall logs for outbound traffic to see if something is being blocked?

Did you try the tracerts?
              JM @ IT Training & Consulting
              http://www.itgeared.com

Comment

Working...
              X