Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows distributed application on the Internet

Hi,
    I have the application, that runs on several machines - IIS, APP and SQL Server. In Intranet environment all the components run under domain user privileges, because application uses network shares and windows auth in SQL. Now I need to plan all this on the cloud. I already have 3 Vmachines. I want to find the safest configuration possible. I want to continue to use windows authentication with SQL, is it possible? Do I need to install DC on one of he VMs? Is it recommended? What is recommended way to plan the application that should work on cloud? Are there any Microsoft recommendations on the Net? Firewalls exist in the cloud.

Thank you in advance,

Re: Windows distributed application on the Internet

Is there anway you could put a web front end where users login using the required credentials, domain, then get access to the required servers???

Comment

an employer I used to work for ran a very, very large distributed Dotnet application.
      I won't go into heaps of details, because it'[s fairly complex.

there was a web front end, an application/business logic layer, and a SQL layer.
      Each layer only talked to the other.. (so web <--> logic <--> sql)

we had an internal domain for the corporate network, then for the external/dmz network, we had another, separate domain.
      The external users existed in the DMZ domain.
      They had to logon to use the application.

There were service accounts being used on the app pools, with integrated authentication, to talk between the servers, and back to the database.

(Actually, it's even slightly MORE complex, because the database was essentially within the corporate network, and not the DMZ, so it was using cross-forest trusted accounts..)
      Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Thank you for your thoughts.
        As I understood from your answers, I should create internal network between servers (separate NICs) and install DC on one of servers to create domain with service user account. Also I can use firewalls to restrict access to SQL and APP servers. Anything else should I do?

Thanks again.

Comment

the environment was designed on a Microsoft Whitepaper or soemthing - for Internet Data Center, or IDC.
          Ic can't find it online at the moment though
          Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Working...
          X