Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fake traffic Generator

Dear all

My question is for security reason for iis or any web server Apache use in windows server 2008 or server2003 environment how i protect our web sites form fake trafic generator software any security option available for server 2008 iis or in third party application.

Re: Fake traffic Generator

"fake trafic generator software" ???

Are you asking how to protect your site from getting flodded with traffic?
    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Wired View Post
      "fake trafic generator software" ???

Are you asking how to protect your site from getting flodded with traffic?

yes i am asking but not for my site but for learning tell me possible solution including solution available in server 2008 or 2003 for this type off attack.

Comment

Could you explain the problem in a bit more detail -- are you talking about Denial Of Service attacks where your web server gets overloaded with traffic.

If so, some of the 29 million hits on will probably do the trick:
        http://www.google.co.uk/#sclient=psy...x=1&fp=1&cad=b
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
          Could you explain the problem in a bit more detail -- are you talking about Denial Of Service attacks where your web server gets overloaded with traffic.

If so, some of the 29 million hits on will probably do the trick:
          http://www.google.co.uk/#sclient=psy...x=1&fp=1&cad=b
          yes fake traffic generator software basically generate thousands of users of trafic on any site.

Comment

Do you have logs that represent this "fake traffic"? Your description really could mean any number of things. What type of traffic? Where is it coming from? What is it doing?

If you are being hit with a targetted attack you may need assistance from whoever runs the Internet connection that your server is attached to.

Alternatively you could find you've been hacked and someone is using your server for nefarious activities hence there being unrecognised traffic.

No details on your part means no useful suggestions from anyone replying..

Comment

the best way to mitigate against the posibility of an attack like this is to unplug your network cable.
              Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Working...
              X