Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No longer on domain, have limited acess.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No longer on domain, have limited acess.

Hello Petri community
    I was just let go from my job, I took my computer and left.
    I can access my computer.. but can't change anything with out being hooked up to my former employers server, can't start in safe mode (key board and mouse don't work), don't have administrator avalible even with the password, can't boot from windows XP disk,
    How can I get around this. and take full control of my computer?

Re: No longer on domain, have limited acess.

you need, firstly, to know your local administrator password.
    If you don,t youj need a password reset disk, like Peter Nordahl's disk.

Once you have reset your local administrator password, let me know.
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

I hate to ask it, but is it really YOUR computer?
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi Ossian,
        Yes it is my computer, I have alot of contacts on it.
        I have backed up Outlook with all my emails and contacts, if you know how to fix this I would even be willing to let you remotely assiste to check it out.

Comment

I think I have reset admin password with Peter Nordahl's disk.

But still have limited access.
          Last edited by FrankAP; 1st April 2011, 22:48.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankAP View Post
            Hi Ossian,
            Yes it is my computer, I have alot of contacts on it.
            I have backed up Outlook with all my emails and contacts, if you know how to fix this I would even be willing to let you remotely assiste to check it out.
            That's fine -- you understand why I had to ask
            I won't even think about what sort of corporate policy allows a personal machine to be joined to a business domain!

If Nordahl doesnt work, do you have another PC you can mount the drive on to recover data?
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

ok., after booting with nordahl's disk and resetting the admin password, you need to logon as administrator, using the reset or blank password.

then you need to go to computer > properties > computer name
              then where it says domain, change to workgroup.
              when it asks for a username/password, make sure you give it your old username and password.

if you're still havin difficulty, setup a project on freelancer, let me know the id and I'll help you out
              Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Ossian,
                I understand, I worked for a small business that had equipment that was out dated ten years ago, but there IT person is sharp. He kept their old machines running.
                I have tried to get a hold of him, but he will not return my call.
                I do have other PC's my concern is I found a key checker on the system (Iím trying to recover,) that is part of the reason I donít have it hooked up to my sever yet.
                Also, found were they had uploaded all my contacts and email to their main server.
                I used Malwarebytes to remove the key checker, but like I said there IT person is good.

Comment

Originally posted by tehcamel View Post
                  ok., after booting with nordahl's disk and resetting the admin password, you need to logon as administrator, using the reset or blank password.

then you need to go to computer > properties > computer name
                  then where it says domain, change to workgroup.
                  when it asks for a username/password, make sure you give it your old username and password.

if you're still havin difficulty, setup a project on freelancer, let me know the id and I'll help you out
                  Hi Tehcamel,
                  That all worked out great, I reset users name and password, and added two accounts.
                  Thank you very much for your time and help, running malware program again before I hook up to my server.
                  Thank you very much!!!!

Comment

no prbs mate

Comment

Working...
                    X