Network Logon Password problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Network Logon Password problem

I install Windows Xp on a computer which is connected to lan. The user guest is disabled. I crate a new user and its name is user. there are now password in users. But when I'm trying to logon to this computer from the lan it ask a pasword. As a username it whants guest and i cant change it.
    Quession1: How can i change this guest username (i cant sit on this computer think that it is remote computer)
    Question2: What is the default password of this. (I mean guest)It didn't accept blank password.

Re: Network Logon Password problem

Hi,
    Guest user is Disable by default you have to enable it , but its not recomended to enable it. and while you are login /accessing a machine on network its obvious when it ask for username / password . If username and password at both ends are same it will then not asking for username and password otherwise you have to input username and password , in this case you have to input newly created username (user) and password of it.

Regards

Comment

Re: Network Logon Password problem

Execuse me but i can't understand that: You wrote
      If username and password at both ends are same it will then not asking for username and password otherwise you have to input username and password
      can you give an example please
      You said that it is not a good idea to enable guest. and then how can the ends of username and password can be same ? There are no passwords on my users (on remote computers too). Please give an example. I need it very .

Comment

Working...
      X