Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Best Security product for Gateway Server

Hi friends

i just want to know About secure Content manager or Gateway security solution.actually in my company we are using CA Secure Content Manager(SCM) as gateway security.we are hosting a web service so all request come through this CA Secure Content Manager.now my problem is its license cost is around 2 lakh. so i need any other company product which work like CA product but more robust and have little bit low license cost as compare to CA. as per my knowledge Symentic and fortigate also making this type of product.so pls help me to get best securti solution for gateway security as i mention which filter spam mails and provide security from other threats and pls pls if possible mention its license cost also.i know i am in right place to discuss this thing and looking for help.i know lot off professionals are there in this forum who know better about my needs and they will help me to find best product in low cost...........

Re: Need Best Security product for Gateway Server

If you can drop us a tiny hint which currency you are using and wtf "2 lakh" translates to it would help.

You will not get a robust security solution if you pay peanuts, so you must consider the value of your corporate data and what the business cost would be if it gets corrupted or destroyed by an attacker, as well as how much it could be worth to a competitor. This will give you an indication of how much you may want to pay for a solution.

Also you should make a detailed list of your security requirements (more than "from other threats") and produce a matrix of different solutions and how they meet them, which will help you choose the most effective one for your needs.

This is an area where you may consider hiring an experienced consultant to do some of the work for you as they will probably have more awareness of solutions than you do.
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
      If you can drop us a tiny hint which currency you are using and wtf "2 lakh" translates to it would help.

You will not get a robust security solution if you pay peanuts, so you must consider the value of your corporate data and what the business cost would be if it gets corrupted or destroyed by an attacker, as well as how much it could be worth to a competitor. This will give you an indication of how much you may want to pay for a solution.

Also you should make a detailed list of your security requirements (more than "from other threats") and produce a matrix of different solutions and how they meet them, which will help you choose the most effective one for your needs.

This is an area where you may consider hiring an experienced consultant to do some of the work for you as they will probably have more awareness of solutions than you do.
      i am in india so my currency is rupees and thanks for reply brother i waiting for you help

Comment

Originally posted by raipraveen83 View Post
        i am in india so my currency is rupees and thanks for reply brother i waiting for you help
        spam filter,virus threat,IPS feature if possible and other threat protection

Comment

So what is "2 lakhs" -- is it 2 million INR?
          What is your budget?
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

brother 2 lakhs means 200,000 thousand and i want between 100,000 to 1.50000 rupees brother first you just tell me the products name

Comment

Sorry, but how the hell are we supposed to know what a product sells for in your country and currency? The markup alone makes that impossible.

When I lived in an Asian country for 2 years, the markup theory appeared to be; If they can afford it, then they can afford to pay a lot more than is normal.

You really need to post on a dedicated Indian site for info specific to your question. The price I might pay here in OZ may either make you green with envy or shock the shit out of you. You can't compare apples and oranges.
              1 1 was a racehorse.
              2 2 was 1 2.
              1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
              2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
                Sorry, but how the hell are we supposed to know what a product sells for in your country and currency? The markup alone makes that impossible.

When I lived in an Asian country for 2 years, the markup theory appeared to be; If they can afford it, then they can afford to pay a lot more than is normal.

You really need to post on a dedicated Indian site for info specific to your question. The price I might pay here in OZ may either make you green with envy or shock the shit out of you. You can't compare apples and oranges.
                just go to below link we are using this product write now
                http://www.ca.com/in/products/detail...-security.aspx

so now may be this time little bit easy for you to help me
                As per my research see the link
                https://www.mcafee.com/us/local_cont...scm/index.html
                this work same as above so now pls advice me

Comment

The point is that YOU will need to do the research -- we cannot say "buy this" as we have no idea of your business, the size, the actual requirements (and no, you have not iterated them fully in this thread) or anything else.

Any recommendations made here would still need to be researched by yourself and considered in light of your situation, hence my suggestion you engage a consultant (I am available if required ).

At present it is a bit like
                  "I want to buy a car... 4 wheels would be nice... maybe an engine...." and expecting us to say, from that "Yes, you must buy a <insert make and model here>"
                  Tom Jones
                  PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                  IT Trainer / Consultant
                  Ossian Ltd
                  Scotland

Comment

Working...
                  X