External HDD Became RAW

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• External HDD Became RAW

Hi Folks...so here is the issue that has been taking my sleep for about two weeks already. Have a Toshiba External Drive 2TB that worked great for about two years storing all my stuff, and two weeks ago it simply decided not to work anymore and it became RAW. Basically I have 500GB worth of data that I would like to recover however it has shown to be to be more complicated that I thought.

Found TestDisk tool which has already recovered as small portion of my files (not even 5%) and it takes days running. Also found a tool called EaseUS (U$60,00 - I bought it) which apparently could see my files then I selected all of them and the program took 3 days when it finally said "completed" but NOT - I would never recommend their software to anyone.

So here I am, there is lots of data I still need and no solution seem to be able to do the job.

Has anyone faced, solved or have any suggestions to a case late this?
    Attached Files

Relating to your previous post about this, if you are still having problems it may be that your disk is so damaged that the data it contains cannot be recovered. If you wish to try another program have a look at ISOBuster https://www.isobuster.com/
    A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Originally posted by Blood View Post
      Relating to your previous post about this, if you are still having problems it may be that your disk is so damaged that the data it contains cannot be recovered. If you wish to try another program have a look at ISOBuster https://www.isobuster.com/
      I will try that and post the results.

Comment

Originally posted by Thiago.it View Post

I will try that and post the results.
        Sir, weird software to interact with.....I can see all the data just like EaseUS but need to buy the software. Have you used WinHex at all?

Comment

If you purchased EaseUS, contact their support line for some help. It's one of the advantages of buying the software. They know how it works whereas you have to learn about all the little nuances it may have. Also, you should have had a backup of the data on that drive. Just because it is an external USB HDD, it doesn't mean that it will last forever , especially if it is a 2.5" version that usually isn't treated with the kind of care it should be.
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

I`m back to tell you guys that after long 15 hours, I was able to recovery 90% of my disk using WinHex.

Comment

Well done. Thanks for letting us know.
              A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Working...
              X