Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is accessing what?

Hi,

Running Server 2008 Standard and using AD/DHCP/DNS roles on the server.

My question is how can I audit who is surfing what on the net? Is there any logging or auditing within server 2008 that can tell me what IP is requesting a particular site?

Also, other than Open DNS, is there a good free option for internet filtering for a small company (15 computers)? I like openDNS but if a user is internet savy and browses via IP, they can easily get through to any blocked site.

Thanks,
    Allen

Re: Who is accessing what?

You could run Microsoft Forefront, but that is not a free solution. If you prefer a free solution, you can use squid/dansguadian.
    gerth

MCITP sa, ea & va, [email protected]

Comment

Re: Who is accessing what?

Originally posted by gerth View Post
      You could run Microsoft Forefront, but that is not a free solution. If you prefer a free solution, you can use squid/dansguadian.
      I can personally recommend Squid on a Unix box. Even for the un-unixed, its easy to install, and completely free. It will also allow you to do more then most full product firewall software.

I would stay away from most of the windows based firewalls, as I have yet to find a good one, that does not use 90% of a servers resources.

Also, you could use GPO to remove the rights for the end user to change anything. Does not matter how savy someone is if the option for change is removed.

Wofen
      Good to be back....

Comment

Working...
      X