Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Configure IMAP in ISA 2006 STD server

Hi Friends.

I want to configure the IMAP via my ISA server but facing some problems. Please help.

CAS/Hub/Mailbox server in internal zone.
    ISA server interface IP range is 10.100.0.67 and 10.100.0.4.
    Internal CAS server IP is 10.100.4.41.
    ISA 2006 server in DMZ zone.
    We have 2 DMZ zone "DMZ-1 and DMZ-2"
    ISA have 2 NIC card "Internal and External".
    External interface is NAT in hardware firewall with Public IP. We are using IP range 10.100.0.67 (DMZ-2) in external interface.
    Internal interface is IP is 10.100.0.4 (DMZ-1).
    Subnet mask is same for all the interface but router address is different for both.
    993 is allowed for inbound connection to external interface 10.100.0.67 (DMZ-2) of ISA server.
    993 is allowed from both the interface of ISA server to our CAS server.

I can telnet the CAS server from my ISA server through both interface. We have create a server publishing rule in our ISA server for IMAP but when we telnet the server from outside it does not work.

When we monitor the logs in our ISA server we can see the traffic from outside to our CAS server but after that it failed and generate the message "no server reply". Please help me how can i troubleshoot this problem.

Thanks
    Atp

Re: Configure IMAP in ISA 2006 STD server

I don't really understand your setup. Can you make a drawing?
    Marcel
    Technical Consultant
    Netherlands
    http://www.phetios.com
    http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
    "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
    "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Just a small point, but port 993 is IMAPS (IMAP over SSL) and not IMAP. Is IMAPS enabled on your CAS server? Can you connect to it via IMAPS internally?
      BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
      sigpic
      Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Yes you are right we are trying to connect IMAP over SSL. IMAPS is confgure on CAS and we can configure in internal LAN as well ISA server but when request comes from internet it goes to CAS but after it denied the requst. (Server imed out).

Comment

External interface is NAT in hardware firewall with Public IP. We are using IP range 10.100.0.67 (DMZ-2) in external interface.
          Internal interface is IP is 10.100.0.4 (DMZ-1).
          Have you created the relevant NAT entry?
          I know you've specified the setup here - but elsewhere in your post you have specified that you've setup various rules, and because you have't mentioned this, I thought I'd check.

The other thing to try would be to jump on another computer in your DMZ and try and telnet to the front imap port on the ISA server from within the DMZ and see if it works.
          Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

cleaned out some crap.
            Still though, can you make a drawing?
            Marcel
            Technical Consultant
            Netherlands

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE

Comment

A diagram would certainly help. If I'm reading that right you have ISA as a back firewall behind a hardware device. However the internal and external IPs of the ISA would appear to be on the same subnet (you haven't told us what the mask is).

Also:-
              Subnet mask is same for all the interface but router address is different for both.
              If you have multiple gateways configured you are asking for trouble, only the external interface of an ISA Server (and indeed only ever ONE interface on any TCP/IP device) should have a default gateway. Finally, you did specify that the Server Publishing rule was created for IMAP. Is that a typo? If not you'll need to change that to publish IMAPS.
              BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
              sigpic
              Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Hi Friends.

Thanks for your reply and sorry for the late response from my side. I am attching the diagram of ISA server configuration. Please suggest me how can i jump in DMZ to another computer and create a relevent rule for NAT.

Thanks
                Atp
                Attached Files

Comment

Ok, according your drawings text the connection can be made to the CAS server?
                  Marcel
                  Technical Consultant
                  Netherlands

Comment

Thanks for the reply, one question from you If the connection made to the CAS server then how can reach sucessfully to my CAS server. I have no idea about NAT in ISA 2006.

Thanks
                    Ajay

Comment

I am using egde firewall template to configure the IMAPS in ISA server. I am using 10.100.0.1 to 10.100.0.63 and 10.100.4.1 to 10.100.4.63 range in internal network. When i am telnet the server from outside get the no server reply message in monitoring. I am attaching the error message for your reference.

Thanks
                      Atp
                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X