No announcement yet.

Signing a self created Certificate

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signing a self created Certificate

Hello All,

I have created a certificate from my web server using Windows Server 2012 R2 but I would like to get it certified by a CA. Can anyone point me to an explanatory link of what should I do ?

I mean ... no-one?

All members here give up their free time to help others, so sometimes no answers are received for a few days. If you need help in a particular timescale, I can recommend Microsoft Product Support Services who have whole teams of engineers waiting for your call. They accept all major credit cards

You cannot get a commercial (or internal) CA to "certify" an existing certificate they have not issued - you will need to create a new certificate request in IIS and present it to the CA, who will issue a new certificate based on the request. You then install that certificate in IIS and assign it to the sites you need to
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Buy a certificate at go daddy, rapidssl, globalsign, comodo or such. There are quite some out there.
        Technical Consultant

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
        "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
        "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

As Dumber said, You'll need to buy a proper commercial certificate. Of course, you can also mak your own internal CA trusted by your directory using group policy if you're only concerned about internal team members
          Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point