Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ISA Server 2004 File Sharing

ISA Server 2004 File Sharing

I have an server running Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition. The server is both a domain controller and run ISA 2004 Standard Edtion. The ISA sever has been chained to an upstream proxy server. I want to use this server as a file server. After running some tests I found out that users could not access the shared folders. How do I make this possible?
    Access Rule
    0%
    Server Publishing Rule
    0%

The poll is expired.

Re: ISA Server 2004 File Sharing

You don't.

Best practice dictates that an ISA Server is an ISA Server and nothing else. Not a File Server and certainly not a DC. The only exception to this is SBS 2003 Premium.

If you absolutely insist that you want to do this, the likely reason for it not working is that the File and Printer Sharing client will not be bound to the internal NIC, so no matter what you do in ISA Server it will not work. This is how ISA should be configured, although the ISA install wizard does not configure the NIC bindings automatically - it should be done prior to install. Again though, this is not a recommended or supported configuration unless you are running SBS 2003 Premium.

Oh, and if your mobile number in the signature is real I'd suggest removing it before you get some unsolicited calls.
    BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
    sigpic
    Cruachan's Blog

Comment

cruachan has beaten me again with answering ISA questions

Anyhow, don't use ISA server for anything else then ISA. It's a firewall and not a DC, fileserver or what so ever.
      Marcel
      Technical Consultant
      Netherlands
      http://www.phetios.com
      http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
      "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
      "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Originally posted by Dumber View Post
        cruachan has beaten me again with answering ISA questions
        Do I win a prize?
        BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
        sigpic
        Cruachan's Blog

Comment