No announcement yet.

Security for WEB Server

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security for WEB Server

Hi Friends,

Please Let me know, How Can we Secure Our Web Server.

Re: Security for WEB Server

Reading the forum rules might be a good place to start.

What advice can we possibly offer based on the total lack of information you've given us, other than the basics that you should already know? Use a firewall, keep up to date and don't accept lifts from strangers.

We don't know what OS you're using, what web server software you're using, whether this is hosting internal ('Intranet') or external ('Internet') websites, what technologies the websites are based around...

Without more details, nobody can help you.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Re: Security for WEB Server

Switch it off, unplug all connections, place in a box in a locked room and throw away the key

Otherwise tell us what (OS) it is, where it is, how it connects to the internet and what the web site does

Or maybe hire a consultant
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **